Acidity is the world wide problem causing uneasiness and trouble in the life of people. It relates to the excess secretions of acid and enzymes by glands present in our stomach or more precisely gastric glands.
The stomach normally secretes acid that is essential in the digestive process. This acid helps in breaking down the food during digestion. When there is excess production of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach, it results in the condition known as acidity.
Symptoms of Acidity:
• Long heartburn, chest and stomach pain, gas formation in stomach, inflammation in chest, gastroesophageal reflux.
• Voice change and formation of ulcer in esophagus (tube connecting mouth and stomach), pain during muscular contractions, and pain in ears are some of the symptoms of acidity.
• Patient with hernia are at a risk of developing acid reflux or acidity.
Acidity can affect your daily activity and you face difficulty in swallowing foods. Acidity can exceed up to several months if not treated timely.
Causes of Acidity:
Following are the major acidity causes
* Sometimes excessive intake of alcohal also leads to acidity.
* Eating foods rich in fats like chocolates also causes acidity.
* Stress is the other main cause.
* Smoking also causes in damaging of stomach lining that leads to acidity.
* Inappropriate sleep.
Remedies for Acidity:
* If you are suffering from acidity, try to suck on a piece of clove. It will bring immediate relief.
* For people who are prone to acidity, intake of milk or other dairy products will prove to be helpful.
* Regular consumption of fresh mint juice can also help you get rid of acidity.
* Banana, cucumber and watermelon have been found to be helpful in treating acidity naturally.
* Drink coconut water 3 to 4 times in a day. It will help bring relief from acidity.
* Raw salad of vegetables like onion, radish should be avoided. this is not a good diet for acidity.
* It's always better to have the dinner at least 2 hours before going to bed.
* Intake of 1-2 tablespoons of white vinegar also provides best acidity treatment.
* Avoid drinking water exactly before and after meals.
* Maintaining healthy lifestyle i.e. early to bed and early to rise reduces risk of secreting excessive acid in stomach.
P/S: ..take of your health..dear FRIENDS..